no, i am NOT a discordian in disguise: this forum is an ignored warning to the world: some day, though it is not my wish, i will be forced to say I TOLD YOU SO!

Friday, February 2, 2007

Discordianism and Anarchism: KISSING COUSINS

This is what the so-called "Principia Discordia" (the Satanic Bible for the Discordian cult) claims the "goddess" Eris says:

"I have come to tell you that you are free. Many ages ago, My consciousness left man, that he might develop himself. I return to find this development approaching completion, but hindered by fear and by misunderstanding.

You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun.

I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free."



This is clearly promoting anarchism, something our global society has rejected since the dawn of human history, six thousand years ago, so the question is . . . what type of person would promote such an idea?

Something to chew on.

9 comments:

Dr Hoopla said...

You're right - freedom is a ridiculous concept, and should be immediately abolished.

What were we all thinking?!

Central Scrutinizer said...

Sarcasm is the refuge of the desperate and the mediocre. Work harder.

Your blog is part of the problem.

Dr Hoopla said...

You're funny.

Central Scrutinizer said...

I'm sure you find it hilarious. I find it sad.

General Public said...

So, Central Scrutinizer, you think anything human society has rejected for a long time is bad. For a long time people rejected the idea that the world is round. Do you think the world is flat? You keep conflating things that do not go together. Discordians might want less intrusive government, but they do not necessarily want complete anarchy. Your idol Ayn Rand certainly wanted a hell of a lot less government. Conservative Washington insider Grover Norquist has said he wants government small enough so he can "drown it in the bathtub". Isn't the smallest government no government at all? I think you probably want less government than the amount Discordians want. And I am not even a Discordian, just one who sympathizes with them after reading all your hateful screeds.

Anonymous said...

anarchy is just honest capitalism, the strong pray on the weak.
I have yet to see a anarchist discordian.

oh and that was about accepting the uncontrollable, as well as loosening the bonds on you, as said above; who wouldn't want less government intrusion.

Central Scrutinizer said...

Me. I trust them, and put faith in them. That's the point, after all.

Anonymous said...

Central Scrutinizer, you are quite the hippocrite!

Anonymous said...

Time to enforce brutal proletarian discipline on the lumpen "discordians"

-communist central committee