Well, I have a new fan; and he takes the cake.
I didn't think it would be possible for someone out there to be nuttier than the Discordians [and possibly the Scientologists], but "Numinous Ubiquity" certainly fits the bill to a tee. The man [or boy, how would I know?] takes the time to respond to 98% of all the posts I have ever made, yet fails to make an intelligent comment in the lot. He apparently thinks intelligence is paid by the word. A comment, Numinous Ubiquity: If you plan to write a novel, then split it up throughout different comment posts: MAKE IT INTERESTING.
He is the perfect example of how this 'faith' robs people of their own minds and feeds them the answers it wants. Out of fairness, I will now repeat everything this sad man took the time to write out, but I warn you, it takes either a strong stomach or a very good sense of humor to digest this rot . . . hopefully both . . .
• "This is one of the greatest blog posts anyone has ever made in the history of the Internet, so I just had to leave a comment, even though so much time has passed since then. My favorite quote:
• "Sex Magic cults -at the VERY least- promote radicalism, liberalism, notions of Anarchy, drugs, meditation, Yoga, communism, and free thought."
Such irony! This from an Ayn-Rand-quoting blogger who probably does not realize that Ayn Rand was an atheist and founded her own Satanic cult called "Objectivism", which is more dangerous than Discordianism and the Church of the SubGenius combined! Just search Google for the words Objectivism and cult and you will wish you had never quoted Ayn Rand!
Another dangerous group to watch out for is the Holocaustals, a heretical group within the Church of the SubGenius that has rebelled against the church hierarchy. Their leader is called "Papa Joe Mama", and you can Google his name and Holocaustal to find his website. Be warned... it is not for the faint of heart! Papa Joe Mama is a deranged madman. You can also find the "Trial of Papa Joe Mama" on YouTube, to see the disciplinary actions the Church of the SubGenius took against him in 1999. Obviously they were not enough, as you can tell if you look at his website.
July 9, 2007 1:37 AM"
• "Central Scrutinizer, you think there are actually people dumb enough to take this seriously? It's obviously just a joke, which is clear as day to anyone who looks at it. Do you completely lack any sense of humor whatsoever? If so, I pity you.
July 11, 2007 10:36 PM"
• "This is actually a very enlightening parable that teaches us all the importance of bullshit. I cannot believe you do not get that message, Central Scrutinizer. Perhaps you think that anything that is pro-bullshit is bullshit. But maybe if you show people a lot of OBVIOUS bullshit, it can help people to recognize bullshit in general, and then they can learn to spot bullshit a mile a way. Your real agenda is that you don't want people to be able to spot bullshit, because secretly you know, deep inside, that your own beliefs are pretty much bullshit, and so are the beliefs of most other people. If people started thinking for themselves, the whole world would fall apart! So, it is best to keep people from being able to tell if something is really the truth or if it is bullshit. That way, they can relax in the safety of their own delusions just like you do.
July 11, 2007 10:44 PM"
• "What a crazy old hippie! The police did use excessive force though, on the old man. He was crying out from the pain! And he did not assault the officer! He is a complete lunatic though. I am not sure where you get the idea that his cigarette is marijuana, or that this guy is a terrorist. He seems pretty harmless to me! He just seems like the kind of lunatic you see as a homeless bum on the street corner begging for cash. Maybe he lost his mind in Vietnam or something.
July 11, 2007 10:54 PM"
• "Central Scrutinizer, by condemning Discordianism, you are practicing it, because you are creating Discord and Chaos through your actions. Checkmate? The only one checkmated is you. You have painted yourself into a corner. The emperor has no clothes. You have shown your foolishness by condemning something that is obviously harmless. And in your attacks on Discordianism, you have shown your own true nature. And it is not something good. You have shown yourself to be repressive, to want slavish conformity, and to expect everyone to behave the same way or be severely punished. And you have no sense of humor. Yet you continue to make a fool of yourself, out of your own stupid arrogance. It is the deadly sin of pride that you are cursed with, the worst of the 7 deadly sins.
July 11, 2007 11:05 PM"
• "Central Scrutinizer, it seems odd that you have nothing better to do than monitor online forums of a religion you don't even agree with. Perhaps you are jealous of the Discordians? It is funny that you think you can recognize rational thought, when you have probably never thought rationally in your entire life.
July 11, 2007 11:09 PM"
• "You are so correct, Central Scrutinizer, when you say that people should NOT be forced to question their own irrational assumptions. It is JUST PLAIN WRONG to make people question things and think for themselves. People ought to behave like brainwashed sheep, believe what they are told to believe, and do whatever they are told to do. Anything other than that would negatively impact the Republican Party's chances in the next election.
July 11, 2007 11:15 PM
• "A Google search for "Sex Magic Cults" turns up only 7 results. Central Scrutinizer, I think you may be sorely mistaken with your notion of Sex Magic Cults. They simply do not exist. If they did, there would be a hell of a lot more results when I Google that phrase in quotes. In all likelihood, you were the one who coined the phrase "Sex Magic Cults", Central Scrutinizer. Either there exists a massive Conspiracy to suppress all knowledge about Sex Magic Cults by hiding it from Google, or they are just a figment of your deluded imagination.
July 11, 2007 11:26 PM"
• "Sigmund Freud divided the mind into the id, the ego, and the superego: 3 parts. L. Ron Hubbard chose to divide it into 2 parts. Three plus two equals five. What's wrong with that? You would have us believe that the mind acts as a united whole, and that it has no parts. So then, the fact that it is divided into 2 hemispheres, each made up of billions of interconnected neurons, individual brain cells, is of no importance to you. Now obviously if I were to say the mind has billions of parts, that would be too complicated. So to model such a complex system, people have to pick a smaller number, usually less than 10. What is so wrong with 5? Does your theory of 1 unified mind really match how things work in practice? According to your model of 1 unified mind, nobody ever has any internal conflict within their mind, because that would require at least 2 parts for the mind. That theory of 1 part simply does not match reality. The number 5, while probably not correct, is closer to the correct answer than 1.
July 11, 2007 11:35 PM"
• "OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Anyway, I think it is realistic to say that a person cannot break free from being trapped into their own subjective perceptions of reality. Do you dispute that fact, Central Scrutinizer? Or are you upset that Discordians are reminding people of a fact you would rather have everyone avoid thinking about? It seems your central aim is for the majority of humanity to remain in ignorance of reality.
July 11, 2007 11:39 PM"
• "Central Scrutinizer, why are you so enamored of the idea that people should not think for themselves? Is it because you do not think for yourself? You quote "Think for yourself, schmuck" as if that is a BAD message for people to be sending. Please stop trying to make your own stupidity contagious.
July 11, 2007 11:43 PM"
• "Your entire blog is based around Discord. You also seem to have a lot of Hate and Anger. And it is all very ironic.
July 11, 2007 11:44 PM"
• "Ayn Rand started a cult called Objectivism. Google Ayn Rand and cult if you don't believe me. Objectivism is a very evil cult. I would not be quoting her if I were you. If you quote her, that makes you look like another brainwashed Objectivist cultist. And for you to dis on other cults when you are a cultist yourself seems a bit hypocritical, no?
July 11, 2007 11:47 PM"
• ""Jesus and I are already laughing at you from the winning side, my friend."
"If those two simple statements don't put the fear into you, you are not on my side."
Those two sentences are the types of statements suicide bombers clutch onto as they fly an airplane into a building full of innocent people.
July 11, 2007 11:50 PM"
• "So, Central Scrutinizer, you think anything human society has rejected for a long time is bad. For a long time people rejected the idea that the world is round. Do you think the world is flat? You keep conflating things that do not go together. Discordians might want less intrusive government, but they do not necessarily want complete anarchy. Your idol Ayn Rand certainly wanted a hell of a lot less government. Conservative Washington insider Grover Norquist has said he wants government small enough so he can "drown it in the bathtub". Isn't the smallest government no government at all? I think you probably want less government than the amount Discordians want. And I am not even a Discordian, just one who sympathizes with them after reading all your hateful screeds.
July 11, 2007 11:54 PM"
• "Central Scrutinizer, you are such a fascist! It is people like you who put people like Adolf Hitler into power. You want a totalitarian government that controls everything and tells you what to think. And you call Discordians "rats", as if they are subhuman. You keep calling them terrorists, Communists, anarchists, and everything bad you can think of, without ever offering any evidence! And you keep saying that they do illegal things, again, without evidence. It is people like you that helped the East German Secret Police terrorize their own country's people. You are the worst kind of McCarthyist uptight pro-censorship fascist who wants to tell other people what they can think, say, and do. No thanks! I do not want people like you telling me what I can and cannot do, people who, like you, have absolutely no regard for freedom or democracy or human rights! Go ruin some other country, but not the United States! It's a free country, and it is staying that way whether you like it or not, Nazi!
July 12, 2007 12:03 AM"
Sad, sad, sad.